Welcome to MindcareDoc
Depression Treatment in Kerala
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please don't hesitate to contact us at our helpline number: +91 77367 88671
Depression is a serious disorder of the brain that goes beyond just ‘feeling sad or blue’. It encompasses feeling empty, sadness, or the inability to feel pleasure that may occur for no apparent reason. It can interfere with everyday facets of people’s lives like work, relationships, and physical health, and in severe cases, it may even lead to suicide.
Types of depression
- Postpartum Depression
- Psychotic Depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Clinical depression
What causes depression?
- Genetics or family history
- Changes in the brain’s neurotransmitter levels
- Environmental factors such as exposure to trauma or lack of social support
- Side effects of certain medications
- Stress, or other physical illnesses (such as diabetes, cancer, or Parkinson’s)
Living with depression
How to take care of yourself
- Keep a few hours of the day for self-care. Eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep.
- Recognize and try to understand the warning signs of depression and consult a professional when required
- Set small achievable and realistic goals to boost your confidence and motivation. It may be the simplest of things like having lunch with a friend or taking a walk.
- Maintain relationships with people that are important to you. Seeking support can help you find encouragement in times of crisis.
- Try your best to not withdraw from life. Stay in touch with your friends and family as well as your surroundings.